Monday, May 14, 2012

Chikuzen-ni (筑前煮/ がめ煮)


Chikuzenni


Since I still had one more pack of bamboo shoots, so after I finally finished the Bamboo Shoots with Salted Duck Egg, I was thinking what else I could make. My friend gave me this idea: Chikuzenni. 

Ok, so let's start this: what is Chikuzenni?
This is what said on wiki:
Chikuzenni is a dish that originated from northern Kyushu, Japan, made of braised chicken and vegetables. It is often eaten when ringing in the new year in Japan
The ingredients are first sautéd together in oil. Bring dashi, shitake flavored broth, and mirin (sweet rice seasoning) to a simmer and let the chicken cook in the mixture. Then, insert taro root, dried shitake mushrooms, konnyaku (yam cake), burdock root, lotus root, and carrots, and cook until the vegetables are tender. Sometimes, snap peas are added after the vegetables are completely cooked.


Recipe?
I'm lazy and not in a mood today, so here is the link of Japanese recipe. Well, there are lots of photos, so even though you cannot read Japanese, I believe you can still easily figure out what's going on in the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment